The annual conference ‘Languages for Specific Purposes in Higher Education’, or LSPHE, started in 2015 as a joint effort between the University of Manchester and Cambridge University to bring together LSP practitioners from around the UK and beyond.
The conference has taken place at the following institutions:
- The University of Manchester , Friday 11th September 2015
- University of Cambridge, Friday 9th September 2016
- University of Oxford, Friday 8th September 2017
- University of Leeds, Friday 14th September 2018
- Imperial College London, 12th-13th September 2019
The organising committee is composed of two permanent members, as well as members of each year’s host institution. The permanent committee members are:
David Tual, Director of the Language Unit, Cambridge University Department of Engineering.
Benoît Guilbaud, Teaching Fellow in French, Sussex Centre for Languages Studies, University of Sussex.
LSPHE currently serves as a Special Interest Group for the Association of University Language Centres in the UK and Ireland.
Since 2015, the Languages for Specific Purposes in Higher Education conference has been made possible thanks to the support of the following institutions and organisations:
Website maintained by Benoît Guilbaud.