Languages for Specific Purposes in Higher Education (LSPHE) 2016 was held at the University of Cambridge on Friday 9th September 2016.
LSPHE 2016 focussed on the notion of Task Based Learning (TBL) and its integrations in LSP courses, be it from a curriculum development perspective, for assessment, or in teaching and learning activities, face-to-face or online.
The programme for the event available here.
Slides and documents used on the day:
- Plenary talk (Dr Jean-Jacques Richer)
- LSP in a medical context (University of Leeds) 1 2
- Variation on a theme (University of Sussex)
- Was it murder? (Hanna Magedera-Hofhansl) handout 1 2 3
- Developing engineering English (Poznan University of Technology)
- Getting medics on the task (King’s College London) 1 2 3 4 5
- Soigner en Français (Laetitia Debboub)
- Italian through History of Art (Cinzia Bacilieri)
- From business to enterprise (Claude Trégoat)
- Participatory pedagogy in TBL (Divya Madhavan-Brochier)
- Scoring LSP tasks (Prof. Christian Krekeler)
If you have any questions, please go to the contacts page.
The organising committee
Benoît Guilbaud (The University of Manchester)
Martin Kantus (University of Cambridge)
David Tual (University of Cambridge)